When you choose Wilshire Law Firm to represent you, our excellent team of car accident solicitors will thoroughly investigate the accident. We will arrange for all victims to receive the medical treatment they require and handle all insurance-related negotiations. As an accident victim, accident prevention should be your top priority, not disputes with an insurance adjuster.
Do I need a car accident attorney in Los Angeles?
Our zero fee guarantee means that our clients are not charged any fees in legal fees until we recover. There will be no hidden terms or fees for your personal injury case!
Our Los Angeles car accident lawyers are ready to help! We understand the challenges that arise after an accident and fight to deliver the justice they deserve to accident victims. There may be a time limit for filing a claim, so act now.
Why Do Car Accidents Happen?
With features such as autonomous braking, lane maintenance assistance, and collision warning over the past two decades, it is clear that automakers are investing in crash-prevention technologies that keep drivers, drivers, and passengers safe. In fact, vehicles can be safer than ever! However, despite a number of crash prevention measures introduced over the past 20 years, more than 7.2 million vehicle crashes were reported to police in the United States in 2016, a 15% increase from the previous year. While vehicles may now be technically safe, driving a car is still dangerous. Driver error is a common cause of car accidents in Los Angeles. Car accidents happen for the following reasons:
- Unrestricted Driving – Distractions are everywhere. A car accident could be the result of cell phones, conversations with passengers, or even switching radio stations in Los Angeles.
- Drunk Driving – In 2017, drunk driver deaths accounted for 29% of road deaths.
- Reckless speed contributed to more than 10,000 road deaths in 2016, the highest figure since 2012.
- Poor/dangerous road conditions – Heavy rain and strong winds can play a role in road accidents. Adverse conditions of a car can be a plane, turning out of control, or suddenly interfering with another vehicle. In addition, roads that are not properly maintained by government officials can contribute to car accidents.
- Mechanical Defects – When a car is designed, manufactured, or sold with defective parts or is not properly maintained, a car accident can result from a mechanical defect.
Whatever the reason, we have a specialized vehicle accident lawyer who can help you. Contact a personal injury attorney at Wilshire Law Firm today to discuss the causes of your car accident and find out if you have a legitimate car accident case.
What are the most common types of accidents?
Here are some of the most common types of traffic accidents:
- face shock to a person
- rear collision
- Side effects or T-bumps
- Side-slip accidents
- low impact accident
- simple car accidents
- Hard / Multiple Car Accidents
- accidents turn left
- crossroads accidents
- crash crash
- do not cause an accident
- rollover accidents
- motorcycle accidents
- hit-and-run accidents
Following a serious car accident, accident victims usually suffer vehicle and property damage. However, the damage is far more serious than that. Catastrophic injuries can change the lives of a car accident victim forever.
What are the most common injuries in car accidents?
In 2016, about 3.2 million people were injured in traffic accidents, according to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Even low-impact, low-speed crashes can lead to serious injury.
Some of the most common injuries in car accidents include:
- Spinal cord injury
- head trauma (TCB)
- internal bleeding
- broken bones)
- rash / cut
- emotional distress
Many car accident victims may not feel any injury immediately after the accident. This is due to the adrenaline rush experienced by most accident victims. If you have been in a car accident, getting medical help immediately is crucial in determining the true extent of your injuries. Wilshire Law Firm Los Angeles auto accident attorneys, along with our extensive network of medical experts, investigators, and others, can help accident victims recover. You and your family deserve the best legal representation for your car accident, and that’s where our Los Angeles car accident attorneys can help!
How can I reduce the risk of a car accident?
There are precautions that drivers can take to reduce the risk of an accident. If you want to keep yourself and everyone else on the road safe, follow these tips.
- Keep your vehicle in good working order. Failure to follow your car’s maintenance schedule can lead to major problems. You should also use NHTSA to verify that there are no known safety issues with your vehicle.
- Avoid drugs and alcohol. Just while driving a car, drivers need to be able to stay on the road. Drivers should be well sheltered and in “good driving condition” before getting behind the wheel, which includes calm.
- Be a defensive driver. Drivers should be aware of the people around them. They should be on the lookout for other swinging vehicles, keep a safe distance from other cars, and look out for any potential hazards on the road.
- Keep your eyes on the road. Drivers should switch off their mobile phones, turn off the volume on the radio, and eliminate any distractions that may be distracting them from concentrating on the road.
Keep in mind, that even if you are careful, you can have a car accident. If so, make sure to call a Los Angeles auto accident attorney who will be able to help you file a personal injury claim and get compensation for your losses.
What should I do after a car accident?
When a car accident happens, the people involved are always amazed. However, it is important to be prepared. Victims of an accident must take specific measures to protect their physical health and their legal rights.
If you have been involved in a car accident, we recommend that you take the following steps:
- Keep it to yourself. If possible, remove all damaged vehicles and property from the road.
- Check for injuries. Assess the injuries of those involved in the accident and call emergency medical services if necessary. Even drivers who do not think they have a serious injury should be seen by a medical professional as soon as possible.
- Call the police. Ask the police for a detailed accident report for your records. You should also request an ambulance if necessary.
- Contact and exchange insurance information with other drivers. Do not accept any liability at the scene or when talking to the other party’s insurance company.
- Start gathering evidence. Use your cell phone to take photos of the entire crash scene as well as the damage. Get the contact details of all the witnesses and recover any debris that may have come out of your vehicle during the accident.
- Consult the car accident lawyers at Wilshire law firm. With more than $ 750 million recovered for clients, the exceptional attorneys at Wilshire Law Firm use proven legal strategies to seek compensation from motor vehicle accident victims.
A Los Angeles auto accident lawyer can tell the difference between winning or losing your case!